Students will engage in art, literature, parts of speech, syllable identification, handwriting, grammar, addition, subtraction, and story problems through the use of these printables. All work is themed around, "The Polar Express" book and movie.
Supplies: Polar Express Book
Pencils, Crayons, Markers, Scissors, Gluesticks,
Glitter (Optional) for Craftivity
Laminated Cards for Centers (In Packet)
1. coloring page + handwriting a sentence from the book
2. worksheets to recognize parts of speech
3. nouns, verbs, and adjectives cut and paste worksheets
4. coloring a picture of the Polar Express
5. literature handwriting cards for centers
- Students will copy the grammar cards, which are laminated, on a piece of paper or in their journals. 14 cards are available to be passed around.
6. venn diagram
7. craftivity *Santa's letter in the book can be copied on the tag. *Otherwise, teachers can choose what their students will write.
8. 2 pop quizzes- answer keys provided
9. cut and paste syllable sorting worksheets
10. addition and subtraction cut and paste worksheets
*Younger students should use objects like pom poms or counters to help in solving the math problems.
11. Christmas coloring page
12. math handwriting cards-word problems
*These are to be used in centers and laminated. Students should copy the word problems on paper or in a journal while solving the answer. 10 cards.
answer key provided