This Polar Express bundle provides both math and literacy activities to use with the book and/or movie!
1. Missing Number - students will count from any number and find the missing number by putting the train between the boy and girl. They will fill in the missing number on a recording sheet after.
2. Spin & Write Numbers (1-20) - students will use a paperclip and pencil as a spinner. They will spin and write the number they land on. They will trace the first 5 times they land on the number and write it on their own for the last 5 times.
3. 10 Frame Match - This can be used multiple ways. Students can play memory with the cards matching 10 frames to characters with the same number. You can use the 10 frames or characters around the room for students to find then fill in the 10 frames to match the number on their recording sheet.
1. Rhyming Match- students will match the cards to show words that rhyme. It can be played like memory. A recording sheet with the same pictures is also included.
2. Polar Express Syllables- students will count syllables to put them under the correct number (1, 2, or 3). A recording sheet is also provided for students to circle the number of syllables.
3. Sequencing- Multiple sequencing sheets are provided. The first one students will cut out pictures and glue them in order. The second sheet has 4 boxes for students to draw the events. The third sheet also has 4 larger boxes to draw events, with 3 lines. The fourth option has 4 large boxes with more lines for writing and a space for pictures.
4. Polar Express Retelling – Multiple sheets are provided for students to use pictures or words to retell the story using the words beginning, middle, end. A color and black and white version are available.
5. Book & Movie Compare/Contrast - students will use one of the recording sheets to compare and contrast the book and movie.
6. Story Elements- 3 sheets are provided. Students will draw or write about the characters, setting, problem, and solution.
7. Writing Prompt - If I received the first gift of Christmas….