Choo, choo! All aboard the Polar Express Melodic Reading Express! Your students will have so much fun practicing their melodic reading skills with this set of melodic games.
The melodies are written in both stick and staff notation. Within that, the staff notation is written both with and without note heads and the staff notation is written in both G- and F-do.
The melodic focus of this file is:
Other melodic elements included in this file:
Included in this file:
1. Directions for 11 melodic reading games, including Santa’s Jingle Bell Match-Up, The Polar Express Melodic Relay game and more!
2. Four interactive PowerPoint Games (two in stick notation solfa, one written with note heads and one with out note heads; two staff notation games, one in G-do and one in F-do). Tally cards for keeping score in the game are also included.
3. Large Notation Flashcards (in both staff and stick notation that can also be viewable in PDF form to practice melodic pattern)
4. Large landscape Notation Flashcards (in both staff and stick notation)
5. Small landscape Notation Flashcards (in both staff and stick notation)
5. 4 Different Team Cards for the Polar Express Melody Relay Game (Each represented with a either a jingle bell or golden ticket, and then with either a red or green background to denote the different teams)
If you like this file, you might also enjoy:
Christmas Beat Strips and Composition Cards for Rhythmic Practice
Santa’s Rhythm Racers: Bundle #1
Santa's Rhythm Racers: Bundle #2
Santa’s Rhythm Racers: Bundle #3
A Bundle of Christmas PowerPoints, PDFs and Activities for the Music Classroom
Your opinion matters to me! You can earn TpT credit by rating this file!
Please follow my Teachers Pay Teachers store for monthly deals and freebies. And you can follow me on Facebook
Please follow my blog for more teaching ideas:
Music a la Abbott