This set of Boom Cards features 44 cards all about the Polar Regions. Students will read about animals, the Arctic and Antarctic, scientists, and more. The reading passages have the text features marked. Students will answer questions to identify the text feature or its purpose and respond to basic comprehension questions. These digital self-checking Boom Cards are such a great way for students to enjoy learning about the polar areas of the earth.
The Boom Cards include:
- 44 multiple-choice cards
- Backgrounds on cards feature photographs of the terrain or animals.
- Students will identify the text features used in the passages.
- Students will identify the purpose of the text features used in the passages.
- Students will complete basic comprehension questions.
Your Guide includes:
- Link for redeeming your Boom set
- Directions for redeeming (in case you need them)
- Answer Key
- Text Features Glossary
- The page count includes 44 task cards.
Check the preview for a SAMPLE!
Boom Task Cards will require no printing, cutting out, or laminating. These sets are perfect for:
- At-Home Learning
- Small group time
- Morning work
- Early Finishers
- Test Review and practice
THIS IS A DIGITAL RESOURCE. PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION TELLING YOU MORE ABOUT THIS RESOURCE.
You must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires.
For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks.
For additional assignment options, you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
You may be eligible for a free trial from Boom Learning. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial. If you choose not to stay on a premium account after your free trial, you will still be able to assign all your Boom Cards to as many students as you see fit using Fast Play pins (which give instant feedback for decks that are self-grading).
NOTE: This Boom Resource is available in versions. The printable version has open-ended questions in addition to the same task cards included in this Boom deck. You can also find it in a Google Forms version.
- Polar Regions Nonfiction Task Cards Printable (This set has 12 additional extension task cards)
- Polar Regions Reading and Text Features Paperless Task Cards
I have more sets of Text Features Boom Cards!
- Sharks Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
- Rocks and Volcanoes Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
- Space Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
- Skeleton Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
- Winter Sports Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
- Groundhog Day Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
- Valentine's Day Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
- Pirates Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
- Amazon Rainforest Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
- Amusement Parks Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
- Spiders Nonfiction Reading Boom Cards
You might also like these Winter resources:
- Snowman STEM Challenge
- Igloo STEM Challenge
- Snowflake STEM Challenge
- Ski Lift STEM Challenge
- Snowflakes Little Flipper
- Winter Math Grade 3-4
- Winter Math Grade 5
- Winter Print and Read (printable only)
- Winter Digital & Printable Reading Passages
- Winter Sports Escape Room
- Escape the Blizzard (printable only)
- Escape the Igloo (digital breakout)
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Keep in Touch!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!