Polar and Parametric Equations (PreCalculus Curriculum - Unit 7)
This bundle includes notes, homework assignments, three quizzes, a study guide, and a unit test that cover the following topics:
• The Polar Coordinate System; Graphing Polar Coordinates
• The Polar Distance Formula
• Basic Polar Equations (Lines and Circles)
• Types and Tests for Symmetry
• Maximum r-Values and Zeros of Polar Equations
• Classifying Classic Polar Curves (Circles, Limaçons, Lemniscates, Roses, Spirals)
• Converting Polar and Rectangular Coordinates
• Converting Polar and Rectangular Equations
• Writing Complex Numbers in Polar Form
• Multiplying and Dividing Complex Numbers
• Powers of Complex Numbers
• Roots of Complex Numbers
• Graphing Parametric Equations
• Writing Parametric Equations in Rectangular Form
• Projectile Motion
NEW: Assessments are now EDITABLE! Now you can easily make multiple versions or customize to fit your needs! PowerPoint and Equation Editor (usually built in to PowerPoint) are required to edit these files. There is a folder titled "Editable Assessments" when you download. This is where you will find editable versions of each quiz and the unit test.
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
More Pre-Calculus Units:
LICENSING TERMS: This purchase includes a license for one teacher only for personal use in their classroom. Licenses are non-transferable, meaning they can not be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in transferable licenses to accommodate yearly staff changes, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COPYRIGHT TERMS: This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.