This U.S. Imperialism political cartoon analysis activity examines the Roosevelt Corollary and Big Stick Policy in Latin America. I use these primary source analysis activities to help prepare my students for the state End of Course (EOC) Exam— a.k.a. the “Political Cartoon Test.” :)
These analysis sheets include Level 1, 2, and 3 questions.
I have updated this product to include different versions of the analysis sheet. I know I like having different options!
• One-Page Version: This is a one-page version of the analysis sheet. Perfect for interactive notebooks!
• Class Set Version: Have a strict copying limit policy at your school? No worries! This version has the cartoon and all the questions from the long version on the same page. Perfect for making a class set that you can use with all your classes!
• Long Version: Two-page version with additional questions.
All versions have two options: 1) unlabeled, and 2) labeled (in order to clarify the text). The labeled version is great for finicky copy machines!
• Answer Keys: Answer keys with suggested answers.
• Bonus! Teacher Background Sheet: A background sheet with information about the political cartoon, the Roosevelt Corollary and the Big Stick Policy.
I hope you find this product helpful!
10 (2-page Version, Class Set Version, One-Page Version, answer key, cover and transition pages)