Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
The Repeal, or the Funeral of Miss-Ame Stamp was created by Benjamin Wilson in 1766 and was intended to convince both members of Parliament and the British public of the benefits in repealing the Stamp Act. The cartoon depicts a funeral procession, in which members of Parliament are "burying" the Stamp Act after its "demise."
The download includes the following:
1. A PowerPoint - complete with discussion notes for each slide - that teachers can use to lead students through the cartoon.
2. An introductory paragraph that describes the circumstances behind the cartoon.
3. A full-size picture of the cartoon, allowing students to label as instructed.
4. A graphic organizer that assists students in identifying different parts of the cartoon, analyzing symbols, and determining the meaning of the cartoon.
5. A series of questions based on the political cartoon.
6. An answer key.
This resource can also be purchased as part of a bundle I have posted on TpT: Political Cartoons in American History. In addition to this cartoon, the bundle includes:
● Move On
I continue to add cartoons related to United States History. These are all valuable resources to my own curriculum.
Your feedback regarding this product is always appreciated. And feel free to browse my store for other resources related to US History, World History, and Government.
Should you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com or contact me via the Q&A section on TpT.