Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
You can purchase my entire AP U.S. Government course which includes pacing, unit tests, and a 4-week review session prior to the AP exam here: AP U.S. Government Complete Course
I have worked at several schools in the past where I did not have the ability to check out books to students because I only had enough for a class set. Because of this, I created materials in which I wouldn't need my students to have a textbook at home to be prepared for any tests or quizzes that they received. The power points that I created are quite extensive and include guided notes and video that go along with them. The students do not write down every word from the presentation and can focus on listening and learning the material from the lecture. If you are the type of teacher who does not like the idea of guided lecture then this bundle is not for you. Everything I have created stems off of that. Additional items that I have posted can be used for notebook check assignments, which I usually have whenever I get to the end of a unit or homework.
I created this bundle for an AP U.S. Government class which I have been teaching for the last 6 years. This bundle was created to match the course redesign which is going into effect for the 2018-2019 school year. This bundle includes the following resources:
- An 80 slide (545 mb) power point that goes over political socialization and how one acquires their political identity. This also includes a section about political polls and what goes into a valid scientific poll of the American population. I have included pictures and video throughout the presentation.
- An 8 page guided note packet that goes along with the presentation. This includes a summary and key vocabulary terms that students need to know at the end. It dives into the differences between liberals, conservatives, moderates, radicals, and reactionaries. I have also included a completed version of the notes.
- Warm-ups and suggestions. The warm-ups can be given at the start of class and the suggestions portions gives you ideas to incorporate your school computer lab into the unit with helpful websites.
- Chapter research questions that I give as a homework assignment.
- Demographics handout in which students find out how certain groups vote within the United States. This goes over gender, race, religion, region, age, and income. I included the 2016 exit polls in the assignment folder if you want to print them out instead of relying on the hyperlink.
- The Generation Gap Article - Article that shows the generation gap when it comes to major issues in American politics. I created 10 questions that go along with the assignment.
- Polling assignment - Students look at current political polls related to the presidents approval rating and upcoming elections.
- HBO Vice "A House Divided" movie questions. This is a good episode that shows how divided our country is at the moment between liberal and conservative viewpoints. I included a link to the video in the notes and suggestions so you can stream it through youtube.
- A political culture quiz - 5 multiple choice questions, 5 fill-in-the blank, 5 true false, and a short essay question (key included).
That's everything! Thank you very much for considering this product. Cheers!
Please take a look at other bundles that I have created for AP U.S. Government: