Products in this Bundle (4)
- This unit is a great option for students to gain awareness of social issues affecting them and their locales. The murals unit plan includes activities around visual thinking strategies, and student-driven, project-based learning. Students view and discuss symbolism and social issues the world's long
- This powerpoint is meant as a supplement to the Painting Unit Plan. Visual aides included support discussions and activities around:Social issuesClass discussion normsMuralsSymbolismVisual Thinking StrategiesColor psychology and color theoryCalifornia historyBay Area and Los Angeles cultural history
- Step by step instructions for students to come up with an idea for a painting based around a social issue.Print pages 1 and 2, insert into a sheet protector to pass out to table groups over the course of the project. Page 3 can be printed and handed out to each student to complete a project proposal
- Written instructions on how to write an artist statement for the painting project. This works best with Step 4 in thepainting proposal as a scaffold prior to making the painting. Students reflect in writing on what their painting is about, how they chose to show their theme, and what the process was
All you need to implement this 3-4 week long painting project based on current social issues! Bundle includes:
- Unit Plan complete with lists of necessary materials, activity descriptions, and standards addressed. Bonus references like contemporary artist and art group websites.
- Powerpoint Slides to supplement discussion as visual aides throughout the unit.
- Student Handouts to help with creating a project proposal and artist statement.
- *BONUS* Rubric included to grade finished paintings!