Also included in
- Save more than 20% on this bundle that includes 9 different resources and activities on all 45 United States Presidents including our current President Donald Trump. For an incredible value, you will receive numerous days of content-rich resources for your class! You can even use some of the ideas f$15.20$26.00Save $10.80
- This bundle contains every single Civics/Government resource from the Mister Harms store! You're getting every single resource but saving BIG with a whopping 20% OFF all current resources. Once the bundle is yours, you will then get 100% off all future products added to the bundle! Buying the bundle$45.00$57.00Save $12.00
- What's In This Bundle?This bundle contains access to EVERY single paid resource in the Mister Harms store! Save big and go for it! It's EVERYTHING! It's the whole kit and caboodle, the whole enchilada, the whole ball of wax, the whole shebang! Whatever you want to call it, you're going to get it al$160.00$274.05Save $114.05
This presidential election simulation is an excellent way for students to comprehend all aspects of political parties and the campaigns needed to elect a presidential candidate - "Let's Get The Party Started!"
The teacher will divide class into groups of 4 to 5 students per group. Each group will develop their own political party and choose a presidential candidate to represent their party. Using the included criteria, allow students a few class periods, or portions of class periods, to create, form, and practice presenting their party until election day. On election day, candidates and their political parties will present their campaigns to other classes, staff, and/or your own classroom. If desired, have all those citizens that heard the campaigns vote for the best candidate/party. Download this campaign simulation for a fun, educational lesson that your students will remember for years to come. "Lets get the party started!"
☞One of the best ways to prepare your students for this simulation is to study the various aspects of a party! I like to use my lesson Political Parties Spectrum: What is a Democrat & Republican? as an introduction before we start this election campaign simulation! ☜
- A detailed student-guided handout for creating a party name, logo, slogan, planks, platform, propaganda, presentations, etc...
- Two grading rubric options
- Complete teacher and student directions for running a successful presidential campaign
- All pages are available in printable PDF and digital Google Drive versions!
"...I was blown away by how excited the students, parents, and other elementary grades were....The students took the assignment and were crazy-creative, invested, and begging for more time. Groups were getting together at each other's houses just to work more, new friendships were made, and our presentation day was a huge hit! This is going to be a 5th grade tradition!" ★★★★★ - Teacher
You May Also Like:
Presidents: The Bundle Get the bundle and save!
Government/Civics: The Bundle Get and save big!