This set of paired passages includes a nonfiction passage about pollution and a nonfiction passage about conservation. The passages would serve as a great supplement to those teaching about land, air, and water pollution, reduce, reuse, and recycle, or Earth Day. With the push for more rigor and changes in state testing, students are expected to read, comprehend, and respond to paired passages. Pick and choose what close reading activities your students need the most. You could use them all and allow the passage to serve as close reading material for a week. These can be used for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade students.
Your Purchase Will Include:
- 1 nonfiction passage about pollution
- 1 nonfiction passage about conservation
- 10 multiple choice comprehension questions
- Full page anchor chart for reading paired passages
- Mini anchor charts for reading paired passages
- Compare and contrast organizer and short answer question
- Main idea cut and sort
- Written response tasks for each passage
- Nonfiction text features task
- Text structure organizer
- 3 Writing Prompts for Narrative, Persuasive, and Informational writing
- Pacing Guide
Take a peek at the preview for a better picture of what is included!
If you own the Science Paired Passage Bundle
, please do not purchase this. You already own it. If you are interested in the bundle, click here.
Other Products Available In My Store:
Government Reading Comprehension Bundle
Franklin Roosevelt and Eleanor Roosevelt Paired Passages
Martin Luther King Jr. Paired Passages
Paired Passages Holiday Bundle
Earn TPT Credits for Your Future Purchases:
- Go to your “My Purchases” page and click “Provide Feedback.”
To Be the First to Know About New Products and Freebies:
- Click the green star to follow me!