My product is not only perfect for any themed bulletin board, it is a great way to practice or assess your students' shape recognition! In addition, you can have them practice fractions at the same time if you choose to. Have students complete this activity to match a season, theme, or holiday to create a crowd-pleasing bulletin board!
1. Shapes Worksheet (covers concept of a polygon; recognition of triangles, squares, rectangles, trapezoids, rhombuses, hexagons, and octagons)
2. 3 Different Versions of Fraction Recording Sheet ( 1 version seen in thumbnail)
3. 2 Options for Bulletin Board Display Sign (1 in thumbnail, other reads, "Our Abominable Polygon Men")
1. Students color shapes worksheet following key.
2. Check students’ work before they cut out to assess polygon/shapes recognition abilities.
3. Students use imagination to create picture using shapes. You can give them a theme if you want!
4. Students give picture a title and record fraction of each shape used. (ie. 4 out of the 10 shapes they used were triangles = 4/10 triangles)
DIfferent Theme Ideas
- “Lucky Polygon Man” for St. Patrick’s Day
- “Polygon Player” for sports theme
- "Polygon Monster" for Halloween