I created these based off an idea I had about getting the younger grades (PreK, K, and 1) to use a task card format but without requiring the student to record the data …
And so the idea of A to Z and beyond was formed!
I created task cards that are alphabetized and work on skills related to the 4 basic shapes needed, and typical questions asked of children this age. I did NOT create a recording sheet, as there may be a need to verbalize response. My idea was that an adult or reader would “flash” whichever cards that particular child needed to review. This allows the purchaser to create whatever sort of rubric or checklist they may require to use along with this – I typically just put the cards into 2 piles (mastered and needs to review) and use the data to keep the notes I need. Since there
are so many varieties of ways to use this, it is impossible to create a data sheet that would meet all needs.
Included are task cards grouped in sets of 4 for a total of 50 cards, depicting the 4 shapes (circle, square, triangle and rectangle) with the following skills:
- identify the shape
- how many sides
- how many angles
- how many vertices
- name something that looks like this shape
- which shape is larger
- which shape is smaller
- which shape is the same size
- seeing shapes within a picture
- positional words
Did you purchase this product? Come back and get yourself a credit to use on future purchases :)
How to get TPT credit:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
It also lets me know how the product is working for YOU.
Want to FOLLOW me and find out more about products as I release them?
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store.