Classifying triangles and quadrilaterals with math activities and group work makes polygons fun! Polygons are a favorite for my students, probably because they love all the activities in this product! This polygons packet includes:
1. A board game that includes drawing polygons correctly.
2. "Two Truths and a Lie" activity
3. A coloring activity where students classify the objects colored.
4. A page that combines the skill of coordinate grids with polygon classification!
5. Cut out and Match: Students cut out polygons and tape them on pages. I give them one page at a time. First, I give them the "regular/not regular" page. Then they move their polygons to the "classify the polygons page." Lastly, they move their polygons to the "classify the triangles" page.
6. Classifying quadrilaterals page
7. "I Have, Who Has" polygons game!
8. A challenging activity where students draw polygons with certain side lengths--combining skills of measurement with polygons!
These are the exciting activities that I do with my own fifth graders and I feel they become truly proficient in their knowledge of polygons!
**This product is included in my Fifth Grade Math Bundle!
❖ Holidays/Special Events Coming Soon ❖
End of Year Math Review BUNDLE
THANK students for hard work on State Testing with Math Messages!
❖ My Math Bestsellers ❖
**Fifth Grade Math Bundle!
Coordinate Grids Fun!
Large Digit Multiplication and Long Division
Math Review: Treasure Hunts!
Volume Activities and Games
Did you know that you can receive credit for your Teachers Pay Teachers future purchases by reviewing this? Also, you can follow me
by clicking the green star. This way you can learn about sales and products from my store. Thank you in advance!