This is a collection of Polynomial Review Worksheets. It includes:
~~ Review for Exponents and Polynomial Operations
* Quick review of exponents, including different combinations of positive and negative coefficients and bases being raised to positive and negative exponents
* Exponent Product Rule, Quotient Rule, and Power Rule
* Scientific Notation
* Polynomial identification
* Evaluate a polynomial
* Add, subtract, multiply, and divide polynomials
* Identify Difference of Squares and Perfect Square Trinomial products
~~ Strategies for Factoring Polynomials
* Chart that lists thought process to use when attempting to factor a polynomial
* Summary of steps and examples are given for factoring 2-term polynomials that are the result of a special product, i.e., Difference of Squares; 4-term polynomials, and trinomials
~~ Review for Factoring Polynomials
* Factor out GCF and solve using Zero Product Property
* Identify 2-term polynomial factoring patterns, such as Difference of Cubes, and factor
* Factor a 4-term polynomial and several trinomials
* Solve a 2-term polynomial and a trinomial
~~ Review Polynomials: Multiplying, Dividing, Factoring, & Solving
* Multiply monomials, binomials, and trinomials
* Divide two polynomials, one by a monomial and the other by a binomial
* Factor out monomial and binomial GCF
* Factor 4-term polynomials and trinomials
* Solve several different types of polynomial equations, using Zero Product Property where appropriate.
Dawn Designs Polynomial Worksheets:
~ L e a r n i n g / G u i d e d P r o b l e m S o l v i n g
Polynomials: Factor and Solve Using GCF and Grouping with 4 Terms
Factor monomial and binomial GCF, optionally using prime factor trees to help;
Factor 2-term and 4-term polynomials;
Factor and solve 2-term and 4-term polynomials.
Polynomials: Methods for Factoring Trinomials
Practice finding numbers that have a product of ac and a sum of b;
Factor trinomials when a=1 and when a≠1, using Grouping or Trial & Error.
Polynomials: Factoring Patterns – Difference of Squares/Cubes, Perfect Square
Identify and Factor polynomials written in patterns: Difference of Squares, Sum of Cubes, Difference of Cubes, Perfect Square Trinomials.
~ P r a c t i c e a n d R e v i e w
Polynomial Review: Exponent & Polynomial Operations, Factor, and Solve (This is the one you are viewing.)
Review exponent rules;
Review add, subtract, multiply, and divide polynomials;
Review factor and solve for 2-term, 4-term, and trinomial polynomials.
~ B U N D L E a n d S a v e !
Polynomial Bundle: Operations, Factoring, & Solving
Includes ALL products listed above!
Feedback → TpT Credits → Discount on a future purchase!
After you purchase and review a product, you will be given a chance to provide Feedback, which will build up your TpT Credits. Your thoughtful feedback inspires me when I am enhancing current products and creating new ones; I love hearing how the worksheets are used! To enter feedback, go to your “My Purchases” page, find the product, and click on “Provide Feedback”.
Be in the loop!
Find the green star near the Dawn Designs store name and logo and click on “Follow Me”. You will be the first to know about new products, sales, and special offers!
Licensing and Copyright
Purchasing this product entitles you to one non-transferable, single-user license. At the time of purchase you will be able to purchase additional licenses (usually priced at a discount), so you can share this product with others, including instructors and colleagues.
©2012 Dawn Kermizian of Dawn Designs. All rights reserved.
This product is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet (including blogs and school websites) is strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author.
Clip Art Credits for Cover
Dotted border: Buford Girl
Swirls border: A Sketchy Guy
Polynomial Review: Exponent & Polynomial Operations, Factor, and Solve
by Dawn Designs
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License