Polynomial and Rational Functions (Pre-Calculus - Unit 3)
This bundle includes notes, homework assignments, four quizzes, a study guide and a unit test that cover the following topics:
• Graphing Power Functions
• Graphing Power Functions with Negative Exponents
• Graphing Power Functions with Rational Exponents
• Graphing Polynomial Functions
• End Behavior and Turning Points of Polynomial Functions
• Zeros, Linear Factors, and Multiplicity
• Effects of Multiplicity on the Graph of a Polynomial Function
• Dividing Polynomials using Long Division
• Dividing Polynomials using Synthetic Division
• Factoring Polynomials using Division
• Remainder Theorem
• Factor Theorem
• Rational Zero Theorem
• Irrational Zeros
• Descartes' Rule of Signs
• Complex Zeros
• Fundamental Theorem of Algebra
• Using Zeros to Write Polynomial Functions
• Graphing Rational Functions
• Vertical, Horizontal, and Slant (Oblique) Asymptotes
• Solving Nonlinear Inequalities (Polynomial and Rational)
NEW: Assessments are now EDITABLE!
Now you can easily make multiple versions or customize to fit your needs! PowerPoint and Equation Editor (usually built in to PowerPoint) are required to edit these files. There is a folder titled "Editable Assessments" when you download. This is where you will find editable versions of each quiz and the unit test.
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
More Pre-Calculus Units:
Unit 1 – Fundamental Skills
Unit 2 – Functions and Their Graphs
This purchase includes a license for one teacher only
for personal use in their classroom. Licenses are non-transferable
, meaning they can not be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in transferable licenses to accommodate yearly staff changes, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com.
This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.