Polynomials and Factoring (Algebra 1 - Unit 7)
This unit has been updated as of 9/20/2017.
Major changes were made to all pages! It's a complete face-lift! Also, EDITABLE ASSESSMENTS
are now included! PowerPoint and Equation Editor (usually built in to PowerPoint) are required to edit these files. There is a folder titled "Editable Assessments" included with the unit when you download.
This bundle contains notes, homework assignments, three quizzes, study guide and a unit test that cover the following topics:
• Classifying Polynomials
• Adding and Subtracting Polynomials
• Multiplying Monomial x Polynomial
• Multiplying Binomials (FOIL) and Binomial x Trinomial
• Dividing Polynomials by a Monomial
• Factoring by finding Greatest Common Factor (GCF)
• Factoring Difference of Squares
• Factoring Trinomials (x2 + bx + c)
• Factoring Trinomials (ax2 + bx + c) *By Slip & Slide
• Factoring By Grouping (4 Terms)
• Factoring Review (organized by type, then practice with it mixed)
• Dividing Polynomials by a Binomial (by Factoring)
Please download the preview to see a sample outline along with a collage of some of the pages.
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
Algebra 1 Second Semester Notes Bundle
Algebra 1 Curriculum
More Algebra 1 Units:
Unit 1 – Algebra Basics
Unit 2 – Multi-Step Equations & Inequalities
Unit 3 – Relations & Functions
Unit 4 – Linear Equations
Direct & Inverse Variation (Mini-Unit)
Unit 5 – Systems of Equations & Inequalities
Unit 6 – Exponents and Exponential Functions
Unit 8 – Quadratic Equations
Unit 9 – Statistics
Unit 10 – Rational Expressions & Equations
Unit 11 – Radical Expressions & Equations
This purchase includes a license for one teacher only
for personal use in their classroom. Licenses are non-transferable
, meaning they can not be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in transferable licenses to accommodate yearly staff changes, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.