Believe it or not, student of ALL ages love to draw and color… especially in Math Class!
Math Mugshots are a GREAT way to review math concepts while providing some “color” to math class. You can use this activity to review for a test, as a homework assignment, as extra credit, or as an assessment. I’ve always used them in my on-level math classes, but when my Honors Algebra students saw the pictures hanging in my classroom, they asked if they could make one, too!
Mathematical Concepts in THIS activity:
• Adding Polynomials
• Subtracting Polynomials
• Multiplying a Polynomial by a Monomial
• Multiplying Binomials (FOIL)
• Multiplying a Polynomial by a Binomial
• Dividing a Polynomial by a Monomial
• Factoring Polynomials (GCF)
• Factoring Trinomials
• Difference of Two Squares
• Factor Polynomials by Grouping
How to use this activity:
1. Hand out student worksheets and instruct students to solve each of the problems.
2. When all of the problems are solved, hand out answer sheets. Tell the students to find and highlight
their answers on this sheet. This will help them to check their work and make corrections, if
3. Hand out copies of the blank “WANTED” poster. Each correct answer corresponds to specific
feature of the Mugshot. Students will LOVE drawing and coloring their suspects!
Please Visit My Store for more engaging activities!
Click Here to Visit My Store
This resource is included in the following bundle:
MATH MUGSHOTS BUNDLE! SET 1
Be sure to check out my Welcome to 8th Grade Mugshot, too!
Welcome to 8th Grade Mugshot