Pond Habitat and Ponds - Comprehensive Unit:
This unit introduces young children to the ponds. As teachers, we know how much children are fascinated with real animals. So, we used photographs of live pond critters. The photographs in this unit are from an award-winning photographer.
Beginning reader eBook (At My Pond) PowerPointPond habitat information PowerPointGraphing practiceTurtle craftFrog life cycleIntroduction to food chainsPond bulletin boards - displays
PowerPoint - At My Pond
This 12-page PowerPoint presentation includes simple text for beginning readers. The text and photos are from the previously published eBook: My World: At My Pond.
PowerPoint – The Pond Habitat:
This PowerPoint introduces ponds and pond life. It introduces concepts such as: what is a pond, what animals live at the pond, frog life cycle, food chains and other features of ponds. 12 pages.
9 full page color photos and information related to various pond animals. Also included is a color photo of a pond scenic, life cycle of a frog, pond food chain and pond vocabulary words.
Large Pond Bulletin Board Display:
This provides directions and materials for an art display approximately 3x5 feet.
• Create a pond habitat background from Kraft or construction paper. Included are suggestions for creating a bulletin board background showing the cross section of a pond habitat.
• Included are 9 colored photographs of pond animals to place on your display.
• Included are 9 colored photographs of pond animals with the animal’s name to place on your display.
• Included is clipart of cattails and pond lily pad.
• Option for classroom to add their own art on the pond habitat background.
• Student use the best word to complete simple sentences about ponds.
• Students use the best verbs to compete simple sentences about ponds.
• Students use the five senses [see, hear, taste, feel and smell] to complete simple sentences about ponds.
• Students color a frog drawing. Name the frog.
• Students complete a diagram using cutouts for a frog’s life cycle [egg to adult].
• Students count animals on a printout. They make a simple bar graph from the results.
• Children make a turtle art craft from simple household materials.
You may also like our Comprehensive Units on the Desert Habitat:
Desert Habitat (Desert Biome) - PreK – Grade 2
Forest Habitat (Forest Biome) - PreK – Grade 2
Seashore and Tidepool Habitat ( Biome) - PreK – Grade 2
The bundled product includes this unit and 3 others habitat units.
Habitat Bundle Units (Biomes) - PreK – Grade 2
Meets State Standards for Science:
• Life cycles and adaptations of living things to their environment.
• Compare the ways living organisms depend on each other and on their environments - such as food chains.
• Help students develop informational science literacy skills.
Copyright © Galloping Turtle Books - All Rights Reserved. The purchase of this unit, including the individual parts, is for one teacher only. Other teachers or classrooms must purchase their own individual license. All the individual elements are copyrighted and not in the public domain. Rights do not allow any publication of any parts of the work or uploading to the school website or the internet in any form.
For More Educational Resources:
We are always looking for honest comments and ratings so we can improve our products. You also get earned credits for discounts on future TPT purchases when you leave both a comment and a rating.