The activities in this packet focus on parts of speech (nouns, pronouns, verbs, adverbs, adjectives, prepositions, and conjunctions) and building and expanding complete sentences.
1. “Little Swimmers Sort” TSW sort the word cards into groups of nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs.
2. “Adjectives at the Beach” TSW identify adjectives and the nouns they modify in each sentence.
3. “Preposition Picnic” TSW identify and record the prepositional phrase in each sentence.
4. “Poolside Parts of Speech” board game. TSW identify the part of speech of the underlined word in each sentence.
5. “Sentence Part Snorkeling” TSW read each sentence card and determine whether the group of words needs a subject or a predicate to make it complete.
6. “Sour Sentence Sort” TSW read each card and determine whether the group of words is a complete sentence or not.
7. “Building Sand Castle Sentences” TSW build and expand sentences by adding adjectives, adverbs, conjunctions, or prepositional phrases.
8. “Popsicle Parts of Speech” flapbook. TSW will cut and paste words under the correct part of speech flap.
Each activity includes a student recording sheet and teacher answer sheet.