Pop 102: The Millennial Whoop - 4 Lessons On A Popular Pop Music Melody Pattern
Also included in
- Get a headstart on the school year with your music classroom set-upThis is a bundle that contains 8 of my products for the Jr/Int music classroom at significant savings over the individual products. These resources will not only help you put together your long range plans for the year, but also condPrice $15.59Original Price $19.49Save $3.90
- What if, instead of fighting against pop music, we used it to our advantage?This pop music unit is made up of 3 separate mini-units that fit together to teach different characteristics of pop music. These lessons are high quality analysis that teach the actual theory behind the music that your studePrice $7.59Original Price $9.00Save $1.41
- If you are teaching elementary music on rotary, this bundle contains everything you need for the entire year. Grade-specific year long lesson plans, long range plans, seasonal activities and more.This bundle includes every instructional music product in my store.Price $241.83Original Price $302.29Save $60.46
Pop Music Lesson Pack: What Is The Millennial Whoop?
This lesson pack is a follow-up to my first pop mini-unit, “Pop 101”. It studies a popular melodic pattern nicknamed "The Millennial Whoop", which is a vowel sung alternating between the 3rd and the 5th of the scale. It is a fairly basic musical pattern, but it is fascinating in its frequent use, especially in pop music of the 2000’s. It is an interval that easy to find and hear, which makes it a great teaching tool for studying the intervals of the major scale.
This extremely common pattern is found in dozens of pop hits, and is used in this series of lessons to teach / reinforce basic characteristics of the major scale. The lesson pack includes an extensive list of pop songs from the last 10 years that are examples of this pattern, making it a high-interest and relatable topic for pre-teen and teenage students.
The pop music lessons are:
1) Find The Whoop (Introduction) & The Major Scale
2) Intervals in the Major Scale & the Millennial Whoop
3) Write Your Own
Optional Bonus Lesson: Copyright in Pop Music
Because of copyright restrictions the actual recordings cannot be provided in this lesson plan, however they are easily found on the web and links are provided wherever possible.
You Might Also Like...
- Pop 101 (Marianas Trench) - A 4-Lesson Pack To Study the POP Music Genre
- Beatboxing Mini-Unit
- Find-A-Song Assignment.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - ABOUT THE AUTHOR - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Stageworthy by Widy creates performing arts lessons that help non-specialists teach the arts like rockstars.
♬ - Click here for Stageworthy music lessons
➼ - Click here for Stageworthy dance lessons
❈ - Click here for Stageworthy drama lessons