My students love the game Pop Up Pirate! We play it frequently, especially in September when we are celebrating Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Articulation AND Language targets included!
All of these mats come in black and white to save color ink! Most of the articulation sounds also come in color as an additional option.
1. Pass out a mat to each student.
2. Instruct students to place all 6 of their swords on top of the swords on the mat.
3. When it is their turn, students pick up a sword and then say the word under it (or follow the directions for language targets) You can instruct them to make a sentence with the word if they are working at the sentence level.
4. Play the game as usual, with students taking turns putting swords into the barrel until the pirate pops!
**A blank black and white mat, and a blank of each color is included so you can hand write your own words in on the swords!
• R (initial position, 4 mats)
• L (initial position, 4 mats)
• S (initial position, 4 mats)
• M (initial position, 4 mats)
• S Blends (initial position, 4 mats)
• K (initial position, 4 mats)
• G (initial position, 4 mats)
• F (initial position, 4 mats)
• V (initial position, 4 mats)
• SH (initial position, 2 mats, black and white only)
• CH (initial position, 2 mats, black and white only)
• CH (medial position, 1 mat, black and white only)
• TH (initial position, 1 mat, black and white only)
LANGUAGE SKILLS (In black and white only)
• Irregular Verbs (1 mat)
• Regular Verbs (1 mat)
• Multiple Meaning Words (1 mat)
• Antonyms (1 mat)
• Synonyms (1 mat)
You can download a free sample of this product containing the /m/ sound if you would like to test it out prior to purchase! Popping Pirate FREEBIE
*Note: Pop Up Pirate Game is not included in this download. While these mats complement the game, you do not need the game to enjoy these mats. Students can color the black and white mats while they practice if you don't have the game*
36 Color mats (4 mats per sound)
36 Black and white mats (Same as the color mats)
11 Additional mats (language skills and later developing sounds in black and white)
5 Blank sword mats
1 Directions page
89 Pages total
The swords on this mat were sized to perfectly fit the Super Pop Up Pirate game, and if you have the smaller Pop Up Pirate game, just set your printer to print at 70% of the size to get smaller mats/swords. Personally, I use the full sized mats for both versions of Pop Up Pirate - I like the way they look!
Thank you for stopping by my TPT shop! If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com
See more speech therapy awesomeness at PEACHIESPEECHIE.COM
Sign up for the Peachie Speechie Newsletter! You'll be glad you did :)