Pop’s Bridge Language Arts SUPER BUNDLE
The super bundle has all the same content as the bundle, but also includes the Power of Bridges Quotes mini-bundle of two inspirational quotes with posters, graphic organizers and writing prompts.
Please See the Preview
This historical fiction story is set during the Great Depression and follows a boy’s admiration and concern for his father as he helps build the Golden Gate Bridge. It can be found in stores and in Journeys grade 3, Lesson 4 (2012 version).
Writing about Pop’s Bridge
1. Pillars of Inference
2. Visualizing the whole puzzle
3. Compare/Contrast characters
4. Character Analysis - Robert
5. Character Analysis - Robert’s Mom
6. Historical Fiction prompt
7. Sequence of Events
8. 3 Essays – 2 from Harcourt and 1 New prompt
Vocabulary Foldables Included
1. All 8 words and 2 extension words on one page
2. 5 words on a page (2 pages)
3. Blank version – for adding teacher’s preference words
4. Vocabulary questions for optional 2-sided foldable
1. Matching quiz
2. Matching quiz with prompt for Glossary page
3. Answer key with glossary pages
1. Discussion question cards (same as the foldable, but these work great as discussion starters or quick fillers)
2. Vocabulary word cards – Just the word, a picture that identifies the story and a unique colored background. These can be used for games, or mixed between stories to be sorted by part of speech, syllables, know/don’t know, alphabetical order etc.
Journey’s Vocabulary included for foldables and word wall:
1. Matching vocabulary quiz – with a glossary page prompt
2. Same Matching quiz without a page prompt
3. Short Answer – These pages expand on the multiple choice comprehension test provided by Journeys. The addition of text evidence and open questions increases rigor.
4. Short Answer - The same questions with sentence stem prompts. These are great for students who need more differentiation. This permits them to participate in the same activity with supports.
5. FREEBIE – Journeys multiple choice test on a single page with room for page evidence
Pop’s Bridge Roll Read and Graph set comes with the following:
• 2 premade versions of the dice (vocabulary or definitions)
• Blank die for your own variations
• 3 full-page size graphs (vocabulary, definition or blank) Hint: Print two to a page to save paper.
• Class suggestions and differentiation for special needs
• Over 20 higher order thinking questions with Common Core Math Procedural standards
• Directions and sample graph
• Answer key (for student or teacher reference)
Extras in the BUNDLE:
• Daily 5 cards for centers (Word Work; Listening; Writing & Buddy Read)
• Making Words Activity (great support for low readers)
• Multiple choice test with space for page proof
Power of Bridges Quotes – Inspirational Quote Writing Prompts and Graphic Organizers
In English we use figurative phrases that can be tricky for young learners and language learners. These quotes explore ‘bridges’ and character education. I use quotes to integrate character education into my 6-trait writing class. It begins with a post-it response and grows into a mature essay that always amazes me as I read insightful thoughts from even my goofiest, fun-loving students.
• Never burn your bridges behind you.
• Disccipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
Each prompt includes:
• Formal poster
• Print friendly version (perfect for reduced sized in Interactive Note Books)
• Full color poster
• Prewrite graphic organizer
• Quote with writing space
• Quote with illustration space
• Extended writing prompts (how to turn a quote response into a 5 paragraph essay response)
• Extra publishing paper
1. Class Discussion - Place the full page poster on chart paper and conduct a class discussion prior to writing.
2. Post-it Ideas - Use 3 colors of post-it notes for students interacting with the three questions found in the graphic organizer.
3. Large Poster - Later, I usually choose 3-4 of the post-its in each category to make a whole-class poster, including the student’s name who suggested the idea. This makes a nice centerpiece on a bulletin board for their final writing.
4. Writing About Character Quotes - Three levels of difficulty are included – 1. With graphic organizer and sentence frame support. 2. With graphic organizer, but without supports. 3. No supports and room to illustrate a personal connection.
5. Mini Posters - Print the poster size multiple times on one page. The small posters are great for interactive notebooks. Students make a web of ideas coming from the mini-poster; use it for the rough draft; or have students make their own ways to interact with the quote.
Please visit my store for these supporting documents –
Pop’s Bridge Language BUNDLE
• Pop’s Bridge Vocabulary Foldables, Matching Quizzes, and Word Wall
• Pop’s Bridge Quizzes
• Pop’s Bridge Roll Read Graph Word Work
• Pop’s Bridge Writing
Pop’s Bridge SUPER BUNDLE
which includes all of the bundle plus the Power of Words Quote Mini-Bundle:
Power of Bridges - Inspirational Quotes Mini-Bundle
• Power of Bridges Quote – Never Burn Bridges Behind You
• Power of Bridges Quote – ACCOMPLISHMENT
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations
by Kim Shelley!
Many thanks to the creative talents of:
*Follow me* - for 50% off new products for the first 48 hours.