Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This "Population Ecology Unit Bundle" includes everything you need to teach a unit on population ecology to your life science, environmental science, or biology students. The bundle contains a 64-slide PowerPoint presentation with notes, a set of task cards, 2 labs, homework assignments, quizzes, test prep review questions, crossword, and unit test.
Teacher Guide containing tips for implementing the resources, suggestions for sequencing, and alignment to NGSS standards is also included.
When appropriate, I have included each product as an editable Word document, and I have also included each product in PDF form. Each of these products is sold separately in my TpT store, but buying the entire unit in one download will save you money. If purchased separately, the total cost of these products would be $30.50. The bundle is sold at $22.50, a savings of 25%.
For Even Greater Savings: This complete unit bundle is included in the following money-saving bundles.
Click the links below to view these bundles.
All answers are included.
The products included in this teaching bundle are:
Topics covered in this unit are:
• Characteristics of Populations: Definition of population, population size, geographic distribution, density, dispersion, growth rate, and age structure.
• Types of Dispersion: Clumped, even, and random, definitions and examples are given.
• Population Dynamics: Birth rate, death rate, life expectancy, age structure.
• Patterns of mortality: Survivorship Curves, the three types are defined and explained, examples given.
• Life Histories: Big-bang reproduction and repeated reproduction
• Population Growth: Growth rate, factors that determine the size of a population, migration, density, exponential growth, carrying capacity, limits to population growth, graphs of different types of population growth, logistic growth, assumptions of the exponential model and the logistic model.
• Carrying capacity and Logistic growth.
• Limits to Growth: Limiting factors, examples of limiting factors, density-dependent factors, competition, predation, parasitism, disease, territoriality, density independent factors.
• Human Population Growth: The history of human population growth, current human population growth, demographic transition, age-structure diagrams.
The PowerPoint consists of 64 slides that are colorful, informative and visually stimulating. Pictures and diagrams are included that will greatly enhance your instruction to your students. This product also includes a set of notes for the teacher and a set of notes for the student. The students get an outline of the notes that they fill in as the PowerPoint lesson is being presented.
This teaching bundle is appropriate for all biology students in grades 8 - 12.
Related Products Include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: