Products in this Bundle (9)
showing 1-5 of 9 products
Also included in
- All of my ecology and environmental science resources (6 ecology unit bundles) are included in this one Super-Mega-Bundle! This mega-bundle includes all of the PowerPoints, notes, labs, task cards, homework assignments, review games, quizzes, activities, and unit tests that you need to teach a comp$175.00$244.87Save $69.87
This "Population Ecology Unit Bundle" includes everything you need to teach a unit on population ecology to your life science, environmental science, or biology students. The bundle contains a 64-slide PowerPoint presentation with notes, a set of task cards, 2 labs, homework assignments, quizzes, test prep review questions, crossword, and unit test.
From the engaging PowerPoint to the final unit test, this bundle contains loads of NO PREP materials that are ready to be used with your students. Many of the resources in this bundle are available in paperless digital formats for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, Microsoft OneDrive, or similar.
What is included in this bundle? ( Items marked with ** have both printable and digital versions.)
- Population Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student **
- Population Ecology Task Cards **
- Population Ecology Quiz or Homework Practice **
- Population Ecology Homework Assignments / Study Guide **
- Population Ecology Unit Test **
- Population Ecology Review PowerPoint Q/A
- Population Ecology Lab: The Wild Bean Population
- Ecology Activity: Modeling Population Growth **
- Set of 6 Ecology Crossword Puzzles
Teacher Guide containing tips for implementing the resources, suggestions for sequencing, and alignment to NGSS standards is also included.
For Even Greater Savings: This complete unit bundle is included in the following money-saving bundles.
Click the links below to view these bundles.
All answers are included.
Topics covered in this unit are:
- Characteristics of Populations: Definition of population, population size, geographic distribution, density, dispersion, growth rate, and age structure.
- Types of Dispersion: Clumped, even, and random, definitions and examples are given.
- Population Dynamics: Birth rate, death rate, life expectancy, age structure.
- Patterns of mortality: Survivorship Curves, the three types are defined and explained, examples given.
- Life Histories: Big-bang reproduction and repeated reproduction
- Population Growth: Growth rate, factors that determine the size of a population, migration, density, exponential growth, carrying capacity, limits to population growth, graphs of different types of population growth, logistic growth, assumptions of the exponential model and the logistic model.
- Carrying capacity and Logistic growth.
- Limits to Growth: Limiting factors, examples of limiting factors, density-dependent factors, competition, predation, parasitism, disease, territoriality, density independent factors.
- Human Population Growth: The history of human population growth, current human population growth, demographic transition, age-structure diagrams.
The PowerPoint consists of 64 slides that are colorful, informative and visually stimulating. Pictures and diagrams are included that will greatly enhance your instruction to your students. This product also includes a set of notes for the teacher and a set of notes for the student. The students get an outline of the notes that they fill in as the PowerPoint lesson is being presented.
This teaching bundle is appropriate for all biology students in grades 8 - 12.
Related Products Include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: