This unit test or final assessment for a unit on population ecology is an editable test bank of questions that will allow you to make the perfect unit test for your life science or biology students in grades 8 - 12. There are 46 questions of varying formats on the test : Fill in the blank, multiple choice and short answer. All answers are included.
The document contains 46 questions. There are 20 fill in the blank questions, 13 multiple choice questions, 10 graphing analysis questions and 3 short answer questions. Answer key is provided.
This unit test was written to test the material on my unit on Population Ecology: Population Ecology PowerPoint and Notes.
Topics covered in this lesson are:
• Characteristics of Populations: Definition of population, population size, geographic distribution, density, dispersion, growth rate, and age structure.
• Types of Dispersion: Clumped, even, and random, definitions and examples are given.
• Population Dynamics: Birth rate, death rate, life expectancy, age structure.
• Patterns of mortality: Survivorship Curves, the three types are defined and explained, examples given.
• Life Histories: Big-bang reproduction and repeated reproduction
• Population Growth: Growth rate, factors that determine the size of a population, migration, density, exponential growth, carrying capacity, limits to population growth, graphs of different types of population growth, logistic growth, assumptions of the exponential model and the logistic model.
• Carrying capacity and Logistic growth.
• Limits to Growth: Limiting factors, examples of limiting factors, density-dependent factors, competition, predation, parasitism, disease, territoriality, density independent factors.
• Human Population Growth: The history of human population growth, current human population growth, demographic transition, age-structure diagrams.
The download will include both a Word document as well as a pdf form of the quiz.
Related products include:
Introduction to Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Population Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Community Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Tacher and Student
Population Ecology Task Cards
Ecology Chat 2: Population Ecology
Ecosystems and the Biosphere Part 1: Energy Flow and the Recycling of Matter PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Ecosystems and the Biosphere Part 2: Biomes of the World PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Humans and the Environment PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Set of 6 Ecology Crossword Puzzles - FREE
Population Ecology Quiz or Homework Practice
Population Ecology Homework Assignments / Study Guide
Population Ecology Review PowerPoint Q/A
Population Ecology Lab: The Wild Bean Population
Ecology Activity: Modeling Population Growth
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page