Also included in
- SAVE $$$ Population BUNDLE- Focusing on world population growth and distribution. Case studies are used to investigate the concepts of underpopulation, overpopulation, youthful populations and aging populations. Finally, the unit explores population policies and migrationResources are:- FACE TO FACEPrice $29.30Original Price $35.90Save $6.60
- An introduction to the concepts of population policies, anti-natal policies and pro-natal policies.
- An explanation of why governments wish to influence population change.
- A detailed case study of China's One Child policy (Anti-Natalist).
- A detailed case study of Singapore's 'Have three or more...' policy (Pro-Natalist).
- BONUS ACTIVITY: Class debate ‘Government should never try to influence population change, it is immoral.’ To what extent do you agree?
- FACE TO FACE READY- Word Document/PDF/PowerPoint- printable resources for delivery in the classroom.
- REMOTE READY- Suitable for online digital learning with links to Google Docs and Google Slides that can be directly posted onto Google Classroom. Students can use digital devices to work independently on the activities from home.
- Knowledge Organizer
- Interactive assessments (Self-marking Google Form, Keyword Quizlet, Multiple Choice Quizizz)
Each resource includes:
- Worksheet with activities.
- Teacher PowerPoint with diagrams and answer key provided directly onto the slides or in the notes section of each slide.
- Direct link to editable Google Slides and Google Doc. Students can work on the activities remotely.
- Activate- a starter, an introduction, a stimulus.
- Content- The Geographical knowledge- supported by short activities, images, graphs, diagrams.
- Review- a plenary, recall activity, AFL, knowledge check.
- Useful links- to video clips, websites etc.
CLICK THE PREVIEW BUTTON TO SEE THE FULL RESOURCE
• A word document worksheet that includes activities that introduce key terminology, helps students to read graphs, describe distributions and complete structured reading activities.
•The word document is 6 pages. The word document is provided in colour and grayscale.
•This worksheet is also provided as a PDF.
•A PowerPoint version of diagrams and answers.
•The PowerPoint is 23 slides.
Other Geography Oasis Resources linked to this topic:
- World Population Growth
- International Migration (Syria to Turkey)
How I use this resource :
* In class activity- I use this resource to efficiently and accurately teach the subject knowledge. I then get creative to consolidate the learning. I’ve found that the resources help to free up time for application and higher order thinking skills.
* Pre-class flipped learning- The majority of students should be able to access the learning in the resource without teacher support. Why not set this as pre-learning so that students can start a lesson from a position of confidence?
* Post class homework and consolidation- Likewise, the resources could be used to consolidate on in-class teacher instruction.
* To support EAL students- the resources are supported by structured sentences and key vocabulary.
* To support students who benefit from short, structured activities.
* The resource is aimed at students aged 14-16 although it could be suitable for younger/older.
* The resources focus on comprehension of key knowledge and processes. They include a mixture of activities including gap fills, definitions, diagrams and questions.
Each worksheet is supported with a PowerPoint that can be displayed in class and includes possible answers.
Product Editing Information:
•You can edit all written passages. If you feel that the instruction or language is too simplistic or too complex then edit it to suit your learners.
• I have deliberately focused on key knowledge and processes. This means that you can add around this. You can control the learning objectives, you can add video clips, your own activities etc. Use the resource as a framework.
• I have found the resources easy to upload and convert to Google Slides and Google Docs
•You will not be able to edit the diagrams, pictures, or visuals included in this resource.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button.
Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
Copyright information: Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.