The following 45-slide PowerPoint presentation explores the opposing views (neo-Malthusian and anti-Malthusian) and theories regarding the relationship between population size and resource consumption.
Explored within this presentation are:
- the theory of Thomas Malthus (1798)
- theories of the pessimistic neo-Malthusians such as the Club of Rome and Paul Ehrlich (The Population Bomb)
- theories of the ever optimistic anti-Malthusians such as Ester Boserup and Julian Simon
- relevant concepts such as carrying capacity and sustainable resource management
- presentation includes links to several video resources
to access my other resources related to population studies.