This packet of primary source readings includes:
1. Cleveland's Veto of Farm Relief 1887
2. Jim Crow After Reconstruction (W.E.B. Dubois and Booker T. Washington.
3. The Philippine Insurrection (various sources) after the Spanish-American war
4. The Debate on the First Income Tax of 1894 (William Jennings Bryan, William "Bourke" Cockran, and Supreme Court opinion in Pollock case
5. Pullman Strike (various perspectives)
6. A Populism/Empire Vocabulary list and practice worksheet
Each reading has 6-12 questions about the document for a homework or in-class assignment -- so they are ideal homework assignments, sub-plans or subjects of discussion in the following class.
Note: These readings along with more than 70 others are included in my book “Primary Source American History,” along with two mock trials, a mock congress and several dozen projects review worksheets. If you like this (or the other free readings on my store), consider getting the complete set.