Por and Para is such a hard concept to master! Remembering all of the reasons why each could be used is a difficult task!
My kids keep playing the game "Mafia" in my study halls when they don't have any homework, so I decided to create a Por vs. Para Mafia game!
In this game, the mafia, detective, and townspeople must correctly answer Por vs. Para questions (on the powerpoint) in order to be able to kill, convict, or lynch. This is an interesting twist on a fun game that the students already love to play!
- Teacher Instructions
- Por / Para signs that the students could hold up/point to in the middle of a circle
- Role sheets - ciudadano (townsperson), mafia, y policía
- El Trabajo de los Muertos (worksheet with 15 por vs. para questions for "dead" students to work on until the next round) & answer key
- Powerpoint with 20 questions & answers for the game
If you are interested in this, you may also like my other two versions of this game:
1) If you are interested in this, you may also want to look at my two other versions:
1) Ser Vs. Estar Mafia
2) La Hora (Time in Spanish) Mafia Game