This set of materials includes resources to help primary writers gain greater independence during writing workshop. The printables are ideal for creating tri-fold writing offices that can be used at students' desks, but also work great in a writing center and/or in writing notebooks.
They include sheets to assist with spelling, punctuation, details, leads, and more, and are provided in:
• black & white copies with text
• color copies with text
• blank black & white copies without text (to customize)
Directions are included, providing tips on creating different types of offices using file folders, tri-fold display boards, or recycled boxes.
A sample of the resources can be seen by clicking on the PREVIEW above and include:
• letters of the alphabet
• color words
• number words
• days of the week
• months of the year
• animal names
• feeling words with synonyms
• super sounds (digraphs, diphthongs, r-controlled vowels)
• names of common places
• sight words (Dolch words from pre-primer to 2nd grade)
• types of leads (or ways to begin writing)
• reminders about details
• common transition words (two different levels)
• synonyms for commonly overused words like said, went, and happy
• purposes of punctuation
• possible writing topics
• and more... it's like having ready-made minilessons on hand.
The design and layout of your students' writing offices is completely up to you and their needs. Build the offices to suit your needs... this set provides the pieces!
Thank you for your interest in this item.
Happy teaching! :)
Come CONNECT with Me!
My Teaching Blog: Creating Readers and Writers
My Pinterest Boards: Andrea Knight on Pinterest
My Facebook Page: Creating Readers and Writers on Facebook