In this PORTALLAS book unit activity pack, you'll find all the teacher resources needed to review the Joshua and the Magical Forest, book 1 in the PORTALLAS series of young adult (YA) / middle grade (MG) fantasy adventure novels.
The PORTALLAS books are an excellent introduction to the Fantasy genre. The books are already used in classrooms around the world as teaching aids.
From New York Times and USA Today bestseller author, Christopher D. Morgan
!!! 141 sheets included !!!
This extensive book unit kit contains everything you'll need for your classroom:
- Summaries of every chapter.
- One sheet for every chapter.
- 8 questions to a sheet.
- 256 reading comprehension questions altogether.
- Answer sheets provided in easy to read and easy to mark format.
- 4 prediction questions to a sheet.
- 1 sheet per chapter.
- 128 prediction questions altogether.
- 13 unique motivational questions.
- Why did the character do/say/act the way they did?.
- Suggestion response sheet for convenience.
Metaphors, Idioms & Similes
- Sample sheet with 8 unique metaphors explained, each with a literal alternative to illustrate what a metaphor is.
- List of various metaphors, idioms and similes from the book presented in context.
- 16 unique leading questions.
- Challenging the students to think about the story.
- BONUS CONTENT.
- 24 unique and varied writing prompts.
- 64 generic exit slip questions ready to cut and hand out (4 separate questions to a sheet).
- 8 book-specific exit slip questions ready to cut and hand out (4 identical questions to a sheet).
- Character traits questionnaire handout - students to identify as many character traits as possible for each main character.
- List of identified characters traits for each main character as a convenient reference for the teacher - all character traits have already been identified as a helpful convenience.
- POSITIVE character trait reference sheet with hundreds of positive character traits listed alphabetically.
- NEGATIVE character trait reference sheet with hundreds of negative character traits listed alphabetically.
- NEUTRAL character trait reference sheet with hundreds of neutral character traits listed alphabetically.
- Focussing on Joshua, the book's main protagonist.
- 13 character analysis questions.
- Suggested character analysis responses for the teacher as a handy reference.
- BONUS: As a reference for the teacher, I have included every last quote from Joshua taken from the book and presented in easy to read format. Great cross-reference material given that one of the character analysis questions asks the students to cite quotes from Joshua to support their analysis. You won't need to scour through the book to find them all - they are all here laid out for you.
- 3 separate generic answer sheets
- Place for students name, class & date
- Place for teacher's comments
- 20 lines, 10 lines or 6 lines for responses - you chose how much you want the student to complete and provide the answer sheet with the appropriate number of lines.
Games and Puzzles
- A range of fun and engaging games and puzzles themed to the Portallas series will keep the kids entertained for hours on end.
Solve each anagram and find the hidden character name
- Change 1 letter
Make a new word each time by changing just one letter
- Copy the Raetheon
Feed the artistic tendencies and see if you can draw a majestic Raetheon
Solve the crossword and find the hidden phrase
- Make words
How many words can you make from just the letters presented
- Number code
Using the code box at the top, find all the locations in Forestium
- Paint by numbers
Complete he paint by numbers picture to reveal a Portallas character
!!! BONUS !!!
Contact me with proof of purchase and receive a FREE eBook copy of Joshua and the Magical Forest.