A careful investigation of the portraits from different cultures reveal symbolic clues to the values of a time and culture that aren’t always clear at first glance. Like detectives, students will search for these clues and then make their own self portraits embedding their own cultural symbols.
This unit includes:
- Studio and Electronic Assessment Portfolio components
- Unit Objectives, Enduring Understandings, Essential Questions
- Suggested timeline outline with an introduction to each component
- Assessment rubrics with Common Core Anchor Standards/8 Studio Habits alignment
- Links to Online Supporting Resources
- Student Pack folder with all electronic student handouts
- Teacher notes and hints based on practical experience from teaching these units
You can preview the main supporting video for this unit, Ol' Skool Selfies - Portraits before the modern era
, before purchasing.