Students who need a behavior contract have generally heard enough about their maladaptive behavior, and let me tell you...at that point...talking too much about it is not helpful to them or to you. Behavior contracts too often highlight the negative which only decreases student buy-in. These contract templates will help you stress the positive behaviors that you want to see, and give less attention to the unwanted behaviors. They are made to look like a real contract, appropriate and serious for middle and high school students.
You can print these contracts and use them as fill-ins, or you can edit them for a completely typed document. I have included a 3 page document that explains the finer points of successfully using behavior contracts, as well as an annotated contract for quick use reference. Step on over to the positive side and use these contracts for any middle or high schooler who needs your support to change their behavior for the better.
- Behavior contract template with one reward (1 page)
- Behavior contract template with 2-tiered reward (2 pages)
- Behavior contract template with 2-tiered reward plus bonus reward (2 pages)
- 3-page overview for using contracts effectively (includes list of reward ideas)
- Annotated contract for quick use reference (2 pages)
- PDF versions of the 3 contract templates
Happy Positive Behavior Supporting!