Positive Behavior Visual Cards for Students with Autism
SUGGESTED IEP GOALS:
• HIGHLY SUPPORTIVE: Given a visual showing a positive action, along with visual and gestural prompts as needed and provided by an adult, STUDENT will comply with up to three requests or directives per day, with 80% accuracy, by MONTH, YEAR.
• LOW SUPPORTIVE ASSISTANCE: Given a visual showing a positive action with verbal, visual, or one gestural prompt as provided by an adult, STUDENT will comply with the request or directive within one minute from when the directive was given, with 80% accuracy, by MONTH, YEAR.
• INDEPENDENT: Given a visual showing a positive action, STUDENT will comply with the directive by immediately stopping the negative behavior without protesting, within the school day, with 80% accuracy, by MONTH, YEAR.
• 55 Positive Behavior Visual Cue Cards for Lanyard and Key Rings
• 55 Positive Behavior Visual Cue Cards for Classroom Rules (can be reviewed during Centers or review with your Paraprofessional/Classroom Assistant
WHY DO MY STUDENTS NEED TO USE VISUALS FOR BEHAVIOR AND WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT TO USE IN MY CLASSROOM?
• Maintain classroom management
• Decrease negative or harmful behaviors
• Increase communication skills
• Form expectations that students will learn to follow
WHAT CAN I DO IF I NEED ANOTHER VISUAL THAT I DON’T SEE HERE?
• Just ask! You can email me at DSinger@AutismEducators.com
and I’ll do my best to help. If you’re asking for a general visual that other teachers may be able to use too, I’ll be happy to revise and add it to this set.
SO, WHAT VISUALS ARE INCLUDED IN THIS SET?
While always attempting to use positive commands first, there ARE times when that a specific behavior must be avoided or addressed with the word “No” preceding it.
• Follow me
• Hold hand
• No bite
• No spit
• No run
• No yell
• No pinch
• No scratch
• No push
• No yell
• Go in line
• No hit
• No rip
• No break
• Seatbelt on
• Get on bus
• Put on get in car
• Look at me
• Quiet hands
• No throw
• No lick
• Tell truth
• Be kind
• Do work
• Go in
• Let go
DO I NEED VELCRO FOR THIS?
NO, you don’t! Print on white card stock paper for durability. Laminate and trim cards. You’re all READY TO START!
Thank you for visiting Autism Educators TpT store. We donate a portion of all proceeds to promote autism awareness and acceptance.
Find us on PINTEREST by clicking here!
Find us on FACEBOOK by clicking here!
Find us on INSTAGRAM by clicking here!
© Copyright 2018 Autism Educators, Inc. (AutismEducators.com). All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited.
This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for single classroom and personal use only.
The Picture Communication Symbols ©1981–2010 by Mayer-Johnson LLC. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Used with permission.
Boardmaker™ is a trademark of Mayer-Johnson LLC.