This resource makes consistent positive communication with parents and students simple! The Communication Binder is an easy-to-use, all-in-one system for maintaining positive communication with ease.
What if you could have everything you need to foster positive communication with your students and parents, all neatly organized in one little binder? You can. Here’s how...
Positive Communication with Parents Includes:
- Fill in all the important information to contact families. You’ll have it all in one place so it’s easy to make phone calls and send emails as needed.
g- This helps you keep track of when you last spoke to a student’s family, how you contacted them, and quick notes on what you talked about. If it’s been a while since you’ve talked to a parent, consider reaching out!
- For both Parent Conferences and Student Conferences. Using the “Glows/Grows/Goals” method starts your conferences on a positive note. Use with student conferences and parent conferences. This method highlights students’ strengths, areas for improvement, and has space to set goals. *[Primary and Intermediate versions included]
- Send home reminders when you have a planned conference coming up. Staple them to student planners, or place them in Take Home folders, somewhere parents can’t miss the reminder! Use them for Student Conference reminders, too!
- Not all communication is positive, but these Choice Check notes turn behavior incidents into learning opportunities and show parents that there was an issue in class, but you’ve worked together to sort it out.
- Positive communication is the key to healthy and happy student-teacher relationships. You can do this through Positive Emails, Positive Notes, and Positive Praise. I have cheat sheets for all 3! Use this tracker to keep a mindful tally on your positive outreach to each student. Hold your
- Parents will greatly appreciate opening their inbox to see good news! This resource includes 9 different templates to inspire your positive outreach emails to parents and families. Then, add a tally to your tracker!
- Skip the “good job!” and move on to more concise positive praise phrases! Be mindful of how often you recognize each student for something good, and use your Positive Outreach Tracker to make sure you're spreading the wealth! Print copies for different areas of your classroom for easy access and reminders!
- There is no one size fits all for report cards, but this list will help you brainstorm and compose high quality comments based on attitude and behavior, academics, and social skills. No more undue stress around report card time!
- Keep everything in one go-to place!
All forms within this resource are editable, and all fonts are embedded so they will stay the same. You can type in your own information and adjust the wording to fit your needs. This will download as a ZIP file including 1 PDF and 1 PowerPoint.
**To use Google Slides, upload the PowerPoint file to your Google Drive and select the option to "Open with Google Slides"
If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and be sure to check out my blog post titled "Positive Parent Communication Made Easy" to read all about this resource at createinspireteach.com!
You may also like: