Use these printable post-it notes to provide effective and explicit feedback to students.
Providing feedback to students is essential to develop their learning and reflection skills. However, during the busy school day it can seem impossible to provide feedback quickly and to all students. These printable post-it notes are designed to help you quickly leave notes and guidance, without taking up precious time.
Students love finding a special note from the teacher on their desk or in their books.
I believe providing explicit feedback to students is essential! Therefore included in this set are 12 feedback sentence starters. These sentence starters provide a starting point for communication but also allow you to give explicit feedback that is relevant to the current learning.
Also included are 18 ready to use feedback notes. Simply print and have on hand to use when needed.
Easy to use - minimal prep! Simply print the guide page, align your post-it notes in the squares and then print you selected notes onto the page.
Post-it notes are organised in mixed sheets of feedback as well as sheets of single feedback statements.
Feedback sentence starters:
- Well done on....
- Thank you for...
- You were spotted being a great friend when...
- I can see you working hard towards your goal of...
- You have really improved on...
- You handled that problem well because...
- I appreciate you helping when...
- You remembered to.... Awesome!
- I was super impressed by your manners when...
- I noticed your great attitude when...
- I spotted how proud you were when...
- Even though it was tricky, I like how you stuck with...
Ready to use feedback
- I love that you waited your turn to talk
- Your tidy desk looks fabulous
- Great job taking part in our discussion
- I'm proud of the concentration you showed
- I like that you kept trying when the work got harder
- I can see you've checked your work
- Awesome work being a team player
- It's great seeing you're always ready to learn
- I can tell how hard you've worked
- I'm proud of the choices you've made today
- I noticed you following directions straight away
- I like that you gave this a try
- I can see you learning from your mistake
- I noticed you tried multiple strategies to find an answer
- Your determination did not go unnoticed
- You impressed me with your independent work
- The presentation of this work is super
- I can tell you've been practising