Students who struggle with negative thinking
benefit from engaging, fun ways to practice positive thinking habits
. The activities, game, and lessons included in this bundle will help build up a student’s feelings of worth
as well as belief in their competence
You save over 20% off individual items by purchasing this bundle
Perfect for direct instruction and practice identifying negative and positive thoughts, changing negative thoughts to positive ones, managing negative thoughts, and using positive thinking strategies.
This is best for students in second through fourth grade, but could be used with first and fifth with modifications. Prior exposure to negative and positive thinking lessons is best.
What is Included?
Positive Thinking Lesson & Activities Pack
• Small Group Lesson:
I Do, We Do, You Do lesson on negative thinking, how to combat negative thinking, and how to increase your positive thinking. Ideal for small group counseling and for practitioners familiar with CBT.
• Worry Weeds or Sunny Sunflowers Sort:
Students and facilitator sort positive and negative thoughts.
• Sunny Petals:
Students identify positive thoughts and create a sunny sunflower with the positive thoughts.
• Weed Cutters or Sunflower Growers:
Students identify ways to combat negative thinking and increase positive thinking. Students identify they own negative and positive thoughts, strategies, and change a negative thought to a positive one.
• Make a Sunflower Bloom:
Students practice changing a negative thought to a positive one.
• My Mind Garden:
Students write down positive thoughts on flowers. The focus should be on filling our mind with positive thinking and eliminating negative thoughts.
• Fill Your Garden:
Students practice positive thinking about themselves. You can also use this activity to continue practicing changing negative thoughts or identifying strategies.
• Sunflower Color by Strategies:
Students color in strategies as they use them. This can be used over time as a goal tracker for practice, during group sessions, or as part of a game.
• Parent/Teacher Information Sheet:
Information for parents and teachers about negative thinking and how they can encourage positive thinking in their student.
Positive Thinking Game
• Game Directions and Game Intro Card
• 36 Game Cards and 8 Blank Cards to customize with your own situations.
• Game Board
• Student Strategy Card
Positive Affirmation Cards
• 48 Positive Affirmation Cards - Color & BW
• 6 Blank Positive Affirmation Cards in Color and BW
Other Positive Thinking Resoruces
• Positive Thinking Lesson and Activity Pack for Small Group Counseling
• Positive Affirmation Cards for Positive Thinking and Healthy Self-Esteem
• Positive Thinking Workbook: Challenge Negative Thoughts for Positive Thinking