This is a bundle of materials that can be used for the Raise Responsibility System developed by Marvin Marshall. Away with all rewards and punishments and start fostering intrinsic motivation! Instead of the students doing their work because they like to be rewarded, they are doing their work because they want to.
This resource includes many different things that help you start with the Raise Responsibility System. All the materials have a no-nonsense design, this makes this bundle more useful for upper-elementary and high school classes.
- Editable posters for the 4 different behavior levels. (pdf and pptx included)
- Hand-out with suggestions for changing the wording of the behavior levels
- Think sheet for students to reflect on their behavior
- Reflection sheet for if students have not changed their behavior after two think sheets.
- Editable parent letter to send in the beginning of the year explaining the four levels and giving parents the option to get an update if their child fills in a think sheet.
- Good news note for parents if their child behaves in a good way.
- An overview sheet you can use to track individual students behaviour and agreements you've made with them.
- An activity manual in which three different activities are explained. The manual includes goals, an explanation of how to teach the activity and suggestions to expand the activity. If you would use all activities and extra's you could have at least four 30 minute lessons. These activities include:
- An editable powerpoint presentation which will help you introduce the behavior system. Pictures for every level are included.
- A drawing activity in which the children will draw the four different levels. Worksheets for the drawings are included.
When you want to use this system I would also encourage you to read the book Marvin Marshall wrote: Discipline without Stress, Punishment and Rewards. It is a very good read and will definitely help with your classroom management.
A few of these materials are editable. You will need the font Century Gothic to get the same results as me. Most computers have this font included.
I hope this bundle will help you to introduce this positive behavior system in your class.
Mr. de Koning
Spelling and grammar disclaimer:
I’m actually a dutch teacher teaching in an internationally oriented primary school. I am proficient in English, but not perfect. All student materials are thoroughly checked, so I’m pretty sure there are no mistakes there. The teacher materials contain more text, so maybe you will find a spelling or grammar mistake. If so, don’t hesitate to contact me through my TpT page and I will try to correct it within 24 hours.