Working Words are instructional activities to help teach young students about different kinds of words when learning to read, write, and spell. Working Word packets are aligned to the Common Core Standards and differentiated for student abilities.
The motivating activities in this packet help to teach emerging readers about possessive nouns. Included are:
1. A description of possessive nouns with examples and teaching tips
2. An introduction activity
3. A poster to help students remember the rule when reading and writing
4. Two original songs for fun and reinforcement
5. A full-color book called "What Is My Home" to introduce and practice possessive nouns
6. A black line master for small individual student books
7. A large group game
8. Five worksheets to check for understanding
9. A Read & Draw activity for comprehension
10. A fun small group game for enrichment
The materials in this packet would be great for a literacy center!
Please be sure to check out the other Working Word packets and bundles in my store. Enjoy! Sheila