o Set I: Possessive and plural word choices include: Bella’s, Bellas’, cats, cat’s, books, book’s, party’s, parties, child’s, childs’, aunt’s, aunts
o Set II: Possessive and plural word choices include: boy’s, boys, bird’s, birds, neighbor’s, neighbors, fox’s, foxes, foxes’, horse’s, horses, horses’
o Set III: Possessive and plural word choices include: sister’s, sisters, sisters’, computer’s, computers, computers’, flower’s, flowers, flowers’, kitten’s, kittens, kittens’
• Possessives and Plurals Review card
• Answer keys
• Recording sheets
Using the Materials as a Card Sort
1. Before use, print on card stock, cut, and laminate (if desired).
2. Using one set of cards, have student(s) place the sentences in a column.
3. Student reads each word choice, then sets the word next to the sentence where it fits best.
4. Continue until all sentences have a word next to them.
5. Check work with the included answer key.
6. Record on the included recording sheets, or in a language notebook, if desired.
Alternatively, the cards can be printed two pages per sheet on regular paper. Students can then cut, sort, and glue (stick) the correct words next to the sentences in a language notebook/journal.
Homophone Card Sort
Greek and Latin Roots and Derivatives: Reference Cards and Card Sort
Bundle: Greek & Latin Roots, Possessives & Plurals, Homophones Card Sorts
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and products! Here's how:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about my store.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.