Possum Magic is a much loved picture book by Australian author Mem Fox.
In the story, the two main characters are Grandma Poss and Hush.
Hush is made invisible by Grandma Poss to protect her from dangers in the Australian bush.
But when Hush longs to be able to see herself again, the two possums travel around Australia to find the people food that will make Hush visible again.
I have put together some fun Read Aloud Response activities that are sure to engage and delight your little learners.
I have also included non fiction learning text and activities about the ‘Ringtail Possum’
This pack offers great read aloud activities and would be a perfect addition to an Australian Animals unit.
This pack was created with passion and will not dissappoint!
Activities for Possum Magic
* Text to Self Connection (2 activities)
* Fact and Opinion
* Summary ~ SWBST Strategy
* Word Work Activities: ink, at, all, soft’g’ as in magic
* Story Elements: Setting, Characters, Problem and Solution
* Anchor charts for all reading response activities
* Glossary of food that Hush ate
* Map of Australia activity showing Grandma Poss and Hush’s travels (in color and B&W
Non Fiction Text ~ The Ringtail Possum
* Non fiction information text about The Ringtail Possum
* Informational text response activities
* Craft activity of a Ringtail Possum
* Fact and Fiction (Cut and Paste)