Post Office Dramatic Play
Are you planning a post office dramatic play area? Have a theme of friendship/Valentine's Day, U.S.A./maps, or community helpers? Need print and go prep posters, labels, or props? Then look no further!
Why Use Dramatic Play areas?
Dramatic play teaches self-regulation. This helps students to control their impulses, work with others and make plans. Dramatic play allows students to have an opportunity to work through emotions by exploring their feelings and thoughts. It encourages kids to work through conflict resolutions and disagreements. Dramatic play isn't just for Prek! This set includes MANY literacy and math skills! Students will be writing receipts, counting money, telling time, and identifying numbers by waiting in line. In addition, students will be seeing functional print and this will increase their vocabulary.
What is included?
- Parent Notes (Note home and extension letter activity)
- Open/Close poster
- Post office hours (editable)
- Sort the Mail posters
- Weigh the items poster
- Stamp station posters
- Self Service Machine poster
- Scale poster (Add to box to make a scale)
- Mail it/Stamp It poster
- Deposit Mail Here poster
- Welcome to the Post Office (Poster and 2 page poster for grocery store banner)
- Rent-a-box poster (editable with pictures and names)
- color keys
- Pay Here/ money/ credit card/ checks
- Price Poster
- Receipts (half and full sheets)
- Check out station (Now serving, please wait here sign, take a number, line up spots)
- Sort by size labels
- Mail Hat templates
- T-shirt Uniform (iron on template)
- Meet your staff and role necklaces (customer, clerk, mail carrier, mail sorter)
- Banner (Post office
- Delivery Truck (headlights, steering wheel, license plate, US Mail sign, reserved parking signs, and car keys)
- Labels (small labels - where I put on labels on the lemonade stand. See pictures to get a better look)
- Labels (supplies, post office supplies, writing sheet labels (not included in this packet. See them in Anchor Chart Post Office)
- Word cards (writing letters)
- Stamps (in 2d shapes and colors for sorting, blank template for creating your own stamps)
- Stickers (fragile, rush delivery, postmark)
- Address Book (editable)
- Writing Letter sheets
- Postcards (editable and tracing version)
- Cards (100+ cards, just fold and have students write their message)
What if I need something added?
If you would like any custom pages, please e-mail me at email@example.com and I would be more than happy to create it for you!
How do I open this?
Please note: You will need Adobe Viewer to open these cards. They are secured and flattened. There is an editable version and you will NEED to have PowerPoint.
Like this? Check these out!
Hope you find this resource useful! =) Don't forget to write feedback. You get FREE money to spend on Teacher's Pay Teachers!!
Thank you for visiting my store! Have a question before you purchase, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Carolyn's Creative Classroom