Be sure that you have an application to open
this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
1 MB|47 pages
Put your students in the holiday spirit with this activity in which they write quatrain poetry on postcards addressed to Santa.
This set includes:
1. Suggestions for use in your classroom
2. Quatrain/Rhyme Scheme Definition Sheet- Introduce students to quatrains and rhyme scheme by using the definition/guide sheet.
3. Twenty different postcards for writing quatrains- Each postcard has one verse of the quatrain completed (except postcard 20 which is blank). Space is provided next to each postcard for rhyming brainstorming.
4. Rhyming word lists for all postcards are provided.
5. "Good copy" of postcard included- Students can write their poems, decorate the postcards, design the stamps, etc. This is my students' favorite part!
This activity would work well as a whole class, individual, partner, or small group activity. It is also perfect for a poetry center! It could easily be adapted to fit different grade levels depending upon the rhyming words included, rhyme scheme involved, and method of completion (whole class vs. individual, etc.)
Please view the thumbnails and download the preview for a peek at some of the pages included.
Do you want to make your December ELA planning a breeze? Try my Christmas Fun Bundle which includes NINE of my most popular ELA Christmas activities (INCLUDING THIS ONE) at a greatly reduced rate!