Crosswalk Guard Cristina gives five basic rules and tips for pedestrian safety. Display this 8 1/2 by 14 poster in your classroom as a reminder for students. Use this poster when covering pedestrian safety rules and practices with students. Topics covered include: walking on the right side of the street, crossing only at corners or crosswalks, bright and reflective clothing, safety signs, and using electronics while walking.
Suggestions for Classroom Lessons:
1. Ask students to read and create another rule.
2. Ask students to 'self assess' on each of the key rules.
3. Ask students to set one goal for improvement.
4. Ask students to write a reflection on one of the rules.
5. Ask students to role play these rules.
Use the poster in conjunction with the Pedestrian Safety Task/Decision Cards