Potential Energy - Objects Interacting at a Distance - NGSS MS PS3-2
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This middle school science bundle on Energy covers all the PS3 standards for Middle School Science. This bundle covers Kinetic Energy, Potential Energy, and Energy Transfer. Purchasing this bundle saves you 20% Students will love these great science units on energy and you will love how well organizPrice $19.60Original Price $24.50Save $4.90
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 8th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 8th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 8th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources wPrice $106.00Original Price $132.50Save $26.50
- This Middle School Science Curriculum Bundle addresses all the DCIs for Middle School NGSS. This is a huge resource that addresses the complete NGSS Middle School Curriculum for grades 6th, 7th and 8th grade. All the NGSS standards for Middle School Science are addressed in this bundle. Save 20% byPrice $329.00Original Price $423.30Save $94.30
- This is a bundle of resources on Physical Science for Middle School. Purchase together here and save 20%. This resource is designed to meet ALL the NGSS standards for Physical Science for Middle School. Students will be engaged in learning about all the physical science topics for middle school. StPrice $105.60Original Price $131.50Save $25.90
- This is a bundle for 8th Grade: NGSS Integrated Model. This bundle covers the PEs and standards for NGSS for 8th grade in California and other states using the Integrated Model for 8th grade. Purchase of this bundle will save you 20% on these resources. This is the set of resources for the NGSS IntePrice $126.20Original Price $157.75Save $31.55
- This is a bundle for kinetic and potential energy. This resource includes slide shows, labs, response pages, graphing activities, and a STEM Engineering Design Process to illustrate Potential and Kinetic Energy through a rubber band car. Students will love these engaging activities on Potential andPrice $12.20Original Price $15.25Save $3.05
Potential Energy: Objects Interacting at a Distance. Students will learn about potential and kinetic energy. This unit looks at three types of potential energy: Gravitational, Magnetic, and Electromagnetic. This unit addresses the MS PS3-1 standard Develop a model to describe that when the arrangement of objects interacting at a distance changes, different amounts of potential energy are stored in the system. Students will learn about potential energy, make a model to explain their understanding, and they will ask questions and plan an investigation to explore how potential varies as the distance within the system changes.
This resource includes:
- two slide shows
- two labs
- follow-up pages
- an assessment
- answer keys
This resource is aligned with the following standards:
NGSS MS PS3-2 Develop a model to describe that when the arrangement of objects interacting at a distance changes, different amounts of potential energy are stored in the system.
Utah SEEd Standard 8.2.2
Ask questions about how the amount of potential varies as the distance within the system changes. Plan and conduct an investigation to answer a question about potential energy. Emphasize comparing relative amounts of energy. Examples could include a cart at varying positions on a hill or an object being dropped from different heights. Calculations of kinetic and potential energy will be learned at the high school level. (PS3.A, PS3.B)
Save 20% by purchasing the entire Energy Bundle!
Follow me on TPT and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
This resource, including the slide shows, are secure and not editable. This is for copyright reasons.
Please contact me if you have questions about my resources.
Please see my other middle school science resources:
Waves Transmission, Absorption, and Reflection
Waves and Mathematical Thinking