Also included in
- Looking for fun, engaging activities for your middle school students? Save 20% on these assignments! All assignments work with google drive and can be completed asynchronously or as a 1:1 whole class.Over 6 hours of student engagement! Includes a bonus Distance Learning Lab Skills assignment.$7.20$9.00Save $1.80
This product includes four asynchronous lessons that will help reinforce student learning about potential and kinetic energy. They are perfect for assigning in google classroom and are designed to be done independently by students.
Included in this pack are the following lesson activities:
- Kinetic and Potential Energy in Random Sports---A fun lesson that has students watching and analyzing videos showing the gym wheel, the science of golf, Olympic high diving, and race walking. Estimated Time: 30 minutes
- A Rube Goldberg Introduction--- Students will explore the concept of a Rube Goldberg with a simple machines review and will watch the popular Okay Go music video "This too Shall Pass". Then, they will explore YouTube to find their favorite Rube Goldberg video and answer questions based on their choice. Estimated Time: 30 minutes
- Video Guide Bicycle Powered House---Featuring a video from PBS's "It's Okay to be Smart", students will explore the idea of energy transfer and will answer the question, "Why can't I power my home using a bicycle powered generator?" Estimated Time: 20 minutes
- Conservation of Energy Math and Exploration---Students will calculate potential and kinetic energy step by step. Then, they will explore the Phet skate park simulation to reinforce the concepts. Estimated Time: 1 hour
Over two hours of asynchronous content that can be assigned in any order and will engage your students!