PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
In this fun lesson students will be presented with 3 lab activities which they will need to discern as a mixture, solution, physical change or chemical change. Prepare for squeals of joy and an unforgettable experience as the kids see the colorful “potions” rise, overflow, use a magical wand to separate mixtures and more. The fourth lab activity is a lab demonstration or a teacher led station for student safety which will blow them away as mixture shoots up and overflows!
Students will be able to:
1. Discuss the physical properties of matter
2.Identify separating mixtures
3.Understand the difference between physical and chemical changes
1. Four lab activities for mixtures, solutions, physical and chemical changes
3. A student handout or lab report
4.Station instruction cards that may be uses as tents or cut apart and
5. Station cards explaining proof of physical and chemical changes
5. Station cards/tents explaining the difference between physical and chemical change.
6. Teacher Answer key