Poultry Lesson and WebQuest - Chicken, Duck, Turkey Lessons for Culinary Arts
- Google Drive™ folder
Also included in
- This Culinary Arts lesson plan bundle will take so much off of your plate and can be used for both middle school and high school culinary arts! It includes 78 middle and high school culinary lessons that cover everything from kitchen safety to food science. Many of the activities are in both GooglePrice $188.50Original Price $250.75Save $62.25
- This Culinary Arts, Prostart or FACS bundle will give you 25 easy to use distance learning lessons that download right into your Google Drive so that you can enjoy your nights and weekends and not have to plan! Each of these Google lessons include student questions to check for understanding. ThesePrice $78.00Original Price $98.00Save $20.00
- This high school and upper middle school CTE Culinary Arts lesson plan bundle of over 100 lessons and activities will have you planned for a semester or year-long course in Culinary Arts or a Family and Consumer Science foods course. Each lesson and activity is no-prep to you and is easily assignedPrice $298.00Original Price $426.25Save $128.25
- This comprehensive meat and dairy culinary lesson bundle is for Prostart Culinary Arts or Family and Consumer Science (FCS) classes and will have you planned for weeks with no prep! Each lesson includes a slideshow with videos and real images, guided notes, questions to check for understanding, webqPrice $14.20Original Price $20.50Save $6.30
- This is a bundle of resources for advanced culinary arts high school classes that follow the Prostart 2 standards. This bundle of resources includes a scope and sequence for advanced culinary arts as well as slideshows, guided notes and activities for a high school culinary class.What's included inPrice $54.50Original Price $75.75Save $21.25
Are you looking for a way to teach about poultry to your culinary arts or family and consumer science students that is engaging and no-prep? This poultry lesson has everything you need to teach about chicken, duck, and turkey! This culinary resource includes a slideshow all about poultry and poultry cuts, guided notes to complete as they follow the presentation, student questions, and a poultry Webquest!
This resource pack is in Google format and easy to assign in Google Classroom! Once you purchase, the lesson will automatically download into your Drive, and you are planned for a week.
⭐ What's Included in this Culinary Arts resource?
- 24-page slideshow that explains:
- definition of poultry and most common types
- fact or fiction warm-up activity with fun facts about poultry
- the muscle tissue makeup and nutrients in poultry
- types of chicken and ages of development
- cooking methods for chicken
- types of turkey and duck as well as their ages
- cooking methods for duck and turkey
- poultry cut parts and labeling
- description of wing, thigh, breast, foot and their uses
- difference between white and dark meat and how best to cook it
- inspection and grading of poultry by USDA and the criteria used
- free-range chickens
- safe handling and storing of poultry to prevent cross-contamination
- Video of a chicken fabrication, butchering of a small chicken into 10 parts step by step
- Guided notes for students to complete as they learn and watch the presentation, students fill in a term or phrase as they learn.
- Student questions to check for understanding including labeling a chicken and:
- What makes up 72% of the muscle tissue of poultry?
- What type of heat is used to cook chicken? Dry or Moist?
- Describe how domesticated and wild turkey are different.
- Why is a longer cooking technique recommended for dark meat?
- What is the poultry grade based on?
- What is a free-range chicken?
- and more!
- Answer key for quick and easy grading and helpful if you are using this as a sub plan.
- Poultry Webquest - students click on the links provided and answer questions based on what they read and watch.
- Research Activity about poultry recipes and cooking methods great for FCS and Culinary High School!
⭐This is also part of a meat and cheese bundle that includes beef, poultry, cheese and seafood.
⭐ What other teachers are saying:
You May Also Like These Other Culinary Arts Activities:
Culinary Arts Scope and Sequence
- Prostart Strand 17: Students will identify the various forms of poultry and its preparation. Outline the federal grading system for poultry. Describe various types of poultry. Demonstrate the steps for the fabrication of poultry.
- National Family and Consumer Science Standards: 8.5.5 Prepare various meats, seafood, and poultry using safe handling and professional preparation
Email List for freebies and updates on new lessons
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page (log in first). Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment. You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
All rights reserved by the author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only