These key ring cards are a great warm up for any guided reading, reading intervention, or Orton Gillingham practice.
Directions for use:
1. Print, cut and laminate the word cards for durability.
2. Punch holes to put on a key ring. I would recommend putting each vowel set on a separate ring.
3. Have the kiddo place three fingers on the circles, GREEN being the first sound, first tap, 1st finger, YELLOW being the vowel, second finger, second tap, and RED being the last sound, last finger, and last tap. When the kiddo finishes tapping, have he or she make a fist and “pound” the apple while saying the blended word. ( tap and say “T-A-B” and pound and say “Tab!”)
4. The short a has an apple, short e has an egg, short i has an igloo, short o has an octopus, and short u has an umbrella as a symbol for the vowel sound if they need it. It is also labeled under the symbol.
5. These are a great guided reading or OG warm up! Enjoy!